This seal is also available with antimicrobial silicone gasket(s). Please contact us for further information.
A heavy duty, automatic door bottom seal which can be face-fixed, semi or fully mortised into the bottom edge of single action doors. The seal has a spring loaded mechanism which lifts the seal clear of the floor as soon as the door is opened. Pressure against the door jamb on the adjustable brass strike button operates the seal automatically.
Face-fixed: The seal is fixed to the face of the door bottom using the long fixing screws provided. (see detailed fitting instructions). The reversible aluminium top cover plate conceals the fixing screws and provides an aesthetic, architectural finish. A set of screw-fixed nylon end plates ensure longevity of the seal mechanism.
Fully-mortised: When the seal is to be fully-mortised, the seal (minus the top cover plate) is mounted into a 54mm deep x 22mm wide machined groove and screw-fixed back into the door stiles via stainless steel end plates, holding the seal in place.
The seal contains a high efficiency mechanism to assist with the closing force requirements detailed in AS1428/1 (Design for Access and Mobility).
- Min. 3mm / max. 15mm
IS8020si maximum allowable cut-back sizes:
- 450mm seal cuts to 275mm
- 610mm seal cuts to 450mm
- 820mm seal cuts to 610mm
- 920mm seal cuts to 820mm
- 1070mm seal cuts to 920mm
- 1220mm seal cuts to 1070mm
- 1500mm seal cuts to 1220mm
(*Seals can be cut on site for exact dimension)
- Silver anodised aluminium with grey end plates (or stainless steel end plates) and grey silicone gasket
- Black anodised aluminium with black end plates (or stainless steel end plates) and black silicone gasket
- Fire tested to AS1530 Part 4 in accordance with AS1905 Part 1
- Certifications GVYI.R26629, GVWZ.R26629, GVWZ7.R26629
- Medium temperature smoke leakage approvals to AS1530 Part 7 available on proprietary door assemblies
- Conforms with BCA Specification C3.4 smoke sealing requirements
- Acoustically tested in accordance with AS1191, IS0140.3 & ISO10140-2
- Durability tests demonstrating over 1,000,000 open and close cycles